Just a little update on the Audi A8.
I’ve been pretty busy with the motor, doing a lot of work myself. I’ve so far completed the following tasks.
- Fixed central locking pump – bought repair kit from eBay (here)
- Unblocked rain water drain at front causing possible flooding over fuse box in passenger footwell.
- Fixed passenger front speakers (rain water corroded connector, see vid)
- Debadged all but the Audi badge on rear
- Fitted rubber car mats
- Replaced rear number plate
- Rolling road at end of March to ascertain current power (factory was 300BHP)
- K&N panel filter ready to fit
- Longlife exhaust being fitted at Herts Auto Tek on 4th April
- Remap scheduled for May (+16BHP, and plenty of torque)
- Maybe uprated fuel pumps etc.
I aim to make 330BHP (in line with the S8 of similar year). We’ll see.
For all those that don’t know – you may want to have a quick read over the following post which will bring you up to speed: http://tobywhite.de/blog/?page_id=12484
This is as much a to-do list for me as it is for you to keep up to speed with what needs doing.
It’s just flown through an MOT (to my surprise) so no panic then.
- Exhaust blowing and CAT probably on way out but backbox certainly needs looking at. But only comment on MOT was that the backbox was blowing – on the backburner now then…
- I would like to fit stainless coolant pipes and replace the coolant header tank (filthy as result of HGF; yes, been there and had that before I bought!)
- Rust! There is a fair amount of rust on the n/s door and around window frame. I have paint so just need to destroy that rust!
- Windscreen seal has had it and needs replacing
- Rear bumper is cracked and needs replacing (not critical, only cosmetic)
- Suspension needs pumping up!
- Electrics are good!
Here’s a pic of the car up on some ramps. I attacked all obvious points with copious amounts of WD40, spray grease, and treated the hood with AutoGlym Hood Cleaner and Protector.
Bluey on ramps
Wow! The end of another year is upon us….. and what a year it’s been. Some really good memories this year – I’ve enjoyed it immensely!
From having several great times with friends new and old (various posts), changing jobs (not going so well), getting a sports car (one of the best moments of the year) to replacing my stereo with a 1989 Sony model (view stereo setup) to enjoying many many happy driving days with the top down. I don’t think I can summarize in a few paragraphs …
Work on all my projects is going well, my Freelance IT work (Frantik) has really started to pick up and with the help of word of mouth everything else is going jolly well. Death Cap Records (my record label) is continuing to build and am starting to really get a feel as to what I want to get out of it. I am also working on another project which I really hope will materialize soon, will write more as it does!
I must also add that it’s continued to be a great pleasure doing work for Club 85 in Hitchin – big thanks go to Bob and everyone there. You’re my second family!
In October, the death of Steve Jobs (my post) hit me most probably worse than most people – Apple has been part of my life since I was around 11 and earlier, and has a lot to do with my interest in computers and more. My Dad got me into Macs, and we had a Quadra (I think) before getting an iMac 350 in 2001. Many, many, happy memories indeed. I had a kind of emotional attachment to Steve and the Apple brand he had saved from 1997 onwards … as did many people … this also leads me to iTunes and the iPod – all devised by Steve whilst he was in charge of Apple again, and as you know, music is a big part of my life. So in one way or other – that day was very upsetting and I still can’t help well up when reading or watching about him… most recently when receiving his biography for Christmas… and indeed again now writing this (?!)
I think it would only be just to say in the words of Steve then:
Stay hungry, Stay foolish!
All the best for 2012, may it be the year of progress and good health!
P.S. Yes I am still single … any offers?