As the end of the year is rushing up really fast I thought I’d post what I normally do toward the end of the year…
So what have I achieved this year:
- Continued work on my house
- Bought a car
- Sold a car
- Spent too much money on cars
- Climbed Snowdon
- Drove a lot of miles
- Walked a lot
- Kept on with my 5BX workouts, and mission to stay healthy
- Not taken 1 sick day in over a year
- Chopped down some trees
- Planted some trees
- Made new friends
- Maintained a relationship
- Learnt to love my self
- Learnt to slow down and enjoy life more
- Continued to work hard on freelance projects
Mission for 2016:
- Don’t buy new cars
- Pay back bills
- Go on holiday somewhere warm
- Complete my turbo Mazda no matter what it takes!
To be continued…:
Just a little update on the Audi A8.
I’ve been pretty busy with the motor, doing a lot of work myself. I’ve so far completed the following tasks.
- Fixed central locking pump – bought repair kit from eBay (here)
- Unblocked rain water drain at front causing possible flooding over fuse box in passenger footwell.
- Fixed passenger front speakers (rain water corroded connector, see vid)
- Debadged all but the Audi badge on rear
- Fitted rubber car mats
- Replaced rear number plate
- Rolling road at end of March to ascertain current power (factory was 300BHP)
- K&N panel filter ready to fit
- Longlife exhaust being fitted at Herts Auto Tek on 4th April
- Remap scheduled for May (+16BHP, and plenty of torque)
- Maybe uprated fuel pumps etc.
I aim to make 330BHP (in line with the S8 of similar year). We’ll see.
For all those that don’t know – you may want to have a quick read over the following post which will bring you up to speed: http://tobywhite.de/blog/?page_id=12484
This is as much a to-do list for me as it is for you to keep up to speed with what needs doing.
It’s just flown through an MOT (to my surprise) so no panic then.
- Exhaust blowing and CAT probably on way out but backbox certainly needs looking at. But only comment on MOT was that the backbox was blowing – on the backburner now then…
- I would like to fit stainless coolant pipes and replace the coolant header tank (filthy as result of HGF; yes, been there and had that before I bought!)
- Rust! There is a fair amount of rust on the n/s door and around window frame. I have paint so just need to destroy that rust!
- Windscreen seal has had it and needs replacing
- Rear bumper is cracked and needs replacing (not critical, only cosmetic)
- Suspension needs pumping up!
- Electrics are good!
Here’s a pic of the car up on some ramps. I attacked all obvious points with copious amounts of WD40, spray grease, and treated the hood with AutoGlym Hood Cleaner and Protector.
Bluey on ramps