It’s coming to the end of another year and time to write a brief wrap-up post.
I think I have achieved a lot this year:
- I finally got my Mazda MX5 through another MOT after a lot of hard work and that’s still ongoing.
- I’ve been able to maintain a loving relationship which I am proud of, and through that, also made some new friends.
- I’ve progressed in my job although that’s been a struggle, having to be put through potential redundancy early in the year.
- My freelance work is still progressing, I tend to allow work to flow in via word of mouth so not to stretch myself but do pursue some leads when I can (sneaky feelers!)
I am attempting to reduce the amount of debt in my name. A while after buying my house (Keep calm, just bought a house) I required some additional money to buy furniture and decorate, and to also pay off some credit cards (consolidating debt). I immediately closed a credit card account thereafter. Credit cards are bad ideas. I am now left with one credit card and have just reduced the credit card limit to £1500 after they had increased it to £2900! I don’t want that temptation. If I don’t have the money, I can’t pay for something. Simple as. My loan will be near enough paid up at the end of 2018, so I’ll be able to close that too.
Considering I am only 27 I think I have done quite well. I have big dreams and passions but sometimes I have to look back and see how far I have already come.
I wish everyone a good new year, and remember to set achievable targets that you can reach!
Since buying the Audi I’ve been rather busy. See the last Update. I’ve now had the rolling road. done – and she ran 250bhp with the stock air filter and exhaust and everything as is. You can see the pic of the dyno run chart here.
The Longlife exhaust has now been fitted, they had it in a day longer as a part arrived late, and they needed to road test some more. No quibbles at all with the service and Herts Auto Tek kept me well informed.
Here’s a pic of the tailpipe:
As you can see, it looks great. Compared with the factory ‘pea shooter’ twin I’ve replaced with a single oval tailpipe. Hopefully this cat-back system will improve exhaust flow no end. Here’s a video of the car running so you can get a feel of the sound. I’ve also got a before video which you can see on my YouTube account.
I’ve also fitted a K&N panel filter, the last air filter probably hadn’t been changed in a long while. And what a state it was. I’ve not seen anything that bad in any of the cars I’ve owned.
Here’s a before:
You can find the video of before and after on YouTube.
Today I also fixed some of the rubber trim around the sunroof using EvoStick as this was hanging loose. Personally, I think the car had been sitting for some time previously.
The next thing to take place will be a full service (minus the air filter) and the remap.
First things first though, a new job must be found. So, if you know of anyone with a need for a 2nd Line IT Support technician with vast experience please get in touch! 🙂
As with all Audi updates – please click here to view more!
Just a little update on the Audi A8.
I’ve been pretty busy with the motor, doing a lot of work myself. I’ve so far completed the following tasks.
- Fixed central locking pump – bought repair kit from eBay (here)
- Unblocked rain water drain at front causing possible flooding over fuse box in passenger footwell.
- Fixed passenger front speakers (rain water corroded connector, see vid)
- Debadged all but the Audi badge on rear
- Fitted rubber car mats
- Replaced rear number plate
- Rolling road at end of March to ascertain current power (factory was 300BHP)
- K&N panel filter ready to fit
- Longlife exhaust being fitted at Herts Auto Tek on 4th April
- Remap scheduled for May (+16BHP, and plenty of torque)
- Maybe uprated fuel pumps etc.
I aim to make 330BHP (in line with the S8 of similar year). We’ll see.