Since buying the Audi I’ve been rather busy. See the last Update. I’ve now had the rolling road. done – and she ran 250bhp with the stock air filter and exhaust and everything as is. You can see the pic of the dyno run chart here.
The Longlife exhaust has now been fitted, they had it in a day longer as a part arrived late, and they needed to road test some more. No quibbles at all with the service and Herts Auto Tek kept me well informed.
Here’s a pic of the tailpipe:
As you can see, it looks great. Compared with the factory ‘pea shooter’ twin I’ve replaced with a single oval tailpipe. Hopefully this cat-back system will improve exhaust flow no end. Here’s a video of the car running so you can get a feel of the sound. I’ve also got a before video which you can see on my YouTube account.
I’ve also fitted a K&N panel filter, the last air filter probably hadn’t been changed in a long while. And what a state it was. I’ve not seen anything that bad in any of the cars I’ve owned.
Here’s a before:
You can find the video of before and after on YouTube.
Today I also fixed some of the rubber trim around the sunroof using EvoStick as this was hanging loose. Personally, I think the car had been sitting for some time previously.
The next thing to take place will be a full service (minus the air filter) and the remap.
First things first though, a new job must be found. So, if you know of anyone with a need for a 2nd Line IT Support technician with vast experience please get in touch! 🙂
As with all Audi updates – please click here to view more!
Just a little update on the Audi A8.
I’ve been pretty busy with the motor, doing a lot of work myself. I’ve so far completed the following tasks.
- Fixed central locking pump – bought repair kit from eBay (here)
- Unblocked rain water drain at front causing possible flooding over fuse box in passenger footwell.
- Fixed passenger front speakers (rain water corroded connector, see vid)
- Debadged all but the Audi badge on rear
- Fitted rubber car mats
- Replaced rear number plate
- Rolling road at end of March to ascertain current power (factory was 300BHP)
- K&N panel filter ready to fit
- Longlife exhaust being fitted at Herts Auto Tek on 4th April
- Remap scheduled for May (+16BHP, and plenty of torque)
- Maybe uprated fuel pumps etc.
I aim to make 330BHP (in line with the S8 of similar year). We’ll see.
For all those that don’t know – you may want to have a quick read over the following post which will bring you up to speed: http://tobywhite.de/blog/?page_id=12484
This is as much a to-do list for me as it is for you to keep up to speed with what needs doing.
It’s just flown through an MOT (to my surprise) so no panic then.
- Exhaust blowing and CAT probably on way out but backbox certainly needs looking at. But only comment on MOT was that the backbox was blowing – on the backburner now then…
- I would like to fit stainless coolant pipes and replace the coolant header tank (filthy as result of HGF; yes, been there and had that before I bought!)
- Rust! There is a fair amount of rust on the n/s door and around window frame. I have paint so just need to destroy that rust!
- Windscreen seal has had it and needs replacing
- Rear bumper is cracked and needs replacing (not critical, only cosmetic)
- Suspension needs pumping up!
- Electrics are good!
Here’s a pic of the car up on some ramps. I attacked all obvious points with copious amounts of WD40, spray grease, and treated the hood with AutoGlym Hood Cleaner and Protector.
Bluey on ramps