This year has been a good one, I think. I have made progress on a personal level with work (found a new job), traveled to new places (Amsterdam, and other locations around England and Wales), made good progress decorating the house and working on the garden.
I have also made progress on my cars, but have definitely made an effort to focus time on other things as well. My girlfriend is very important to me, so I like to spend time with her doing what she enjoys too. We have now been together for nearly two years….. she makes me very happy and has definitely grounded me and I appreciate everything she does (thanks Annabelle!) 🙂
In a recent gift courtesy of The Book of Everyone, my brain consistency is one third “cars”, one third “food” and one third “Berry” (my cat). Life doesn’t always have to be more complicated than it needs to be.
I continue with my freelance work, but have realized that without taking on business contracts I won’t be able to quit the day job. On the plus side that does allow me to charge more and be more picky!
Here’s to wishing that 2017 may be a prosperous year for my friends and family. (And remember your life is what you make it.)
Over the last year I’ve learnt a lot about myself and how to enjoy life better. Without going in to too much detail I will bullet point the facts!
- Distance you commute to work; I commute 10 miles a day. 15 minutes to work/15 minutes back. So all you recruiters offering a job in Peterborough or London… I’m not interested. And remember how the old saying goes “work for a living”
- Money isn’t everything – the money I’m saving on not paying the extra on petrol to commute is real… Time is also money. I’d rather spend time not working but on hobbies and other tasks than working
- Look after plants and tend a garden if you have one. Time in the sun is your natural source of Vitamin 10. You will feel happier and more relaxed and not so stressed!
- Focus on saving money for a house deposit and not spending so much on rent! It’s cheaper than you may think and there are several government incentives to assist (Help to Buy, ISA planes etc)
- Fitness and Health. I 5BX every day and try my best to eat 5 Fruit/Veg every day!
- My girlfriend (who I’ve been with 10 months now) is amazing and has taught me to take a load off and chill!
I fitted a tap to the front of our house yesterday, totally exciting I know. Today I had a double glazed panel on our back door replaced with a clear panel, with a cat flap, so our cat “Berry” can enter and leave on his own. Two weeks previous, I had the old 80s era gas fire removed from the lounge and the pipe capped off…
My Mazda has been sat parked up over winter, which upsets me a little, but at the same time, and unlike previous years, I’ve really had no inclination to freeze my butt off outdoors wrenching!
The clocks go forward next weekend and the evenings will be getting longer and I have a little cash to spare. Tying in with my previous post (http://tobywhite.de/blog/?p=23182) I aim to finally complete my turbo MX5!
Before this though, we’re heading up to Sheffield to endure the snake pass in my girlfriends 1.8 Mk1 MX5. (My idea). And of course, it’s nice to get away for a couple of days. 🙂