Over the last year I’ve learnt a lot about myself and how to enjoy life better. Without going in to too much detail I will bullet point the facts!
- Distance you commute to work; I commute 10 miles a day. 15 minutes to work/15 minutes back. So all you recruiters offering a job in Peterborough or London… I’m not interested. And remember how the old saying goes “work for a living”
- Money isn’t everything – the money I’m saving on not paying the extra on petrol to commute is real… Time is also money. I’d rather spend time not working but on hobbies and other tasks than working
- Look after plants and tend a garden if you have one. Time in the sun is your natural source of Vitamin 10. You will feel happier and more relaxed and not so stressed!
- Focus on saving money for a house deposit and not spending so much on rent! It’s cheaper than you may think and there are several government incentives to assist (Help to Buy, ISA planes etc)
- Fitness and Health. I 5BX every day and try my best to eat 5 Fruit/Veg every day!
- My girlfriend (who I’ve been with 10 months now) is amazing and has taught me to take a load off and chill!
I fitted a tap to the front of our house yesterday, totally exciting I know. Today I had a double glazed panel on our back door replaced with a clear panel, with a cat flap, so our cat “Berry” can enter and leave on his own. Two weeks previous, I had the old 80s era gas fire removed from the lounge and the pipe capped off…
My Mazda has been sat parked up over winter, which upsets me a little, but at the same time, and unlike previous years, I’ve really had no inclination to freeze my butt off outdoors wrenching!
The clocks go forward next weekend and the evenings will be getting longer and I have a little cash to spare. Tying in with my previous post (http://tobywhite.de/blog/?p=23182) I aim to finally complete my turbo MX5!
Before this though, we’re heading up to Sheffield to endure the snake pass in my girlfriends 1.8 Mk1 MX5. (My idea). And of course, it’s nice to get away for a couple of days. 🙂
As the end of the year is rushing up really fast I thought I’d post what I normally do toward the end of the year…
So what have I achieved this year:
- Continued work on my house
- Bought a car
- Sold a car
- Spent too much money on cars
- Climbed Snowdon
- Drove a lot of miles
- Walked a lot
- Kept on with my 5BX workouts, and mission to stay healthy
- Not taken 1 sick day in over a year
- Chopped down some trees
- Planted some trees
- Made new friends
- Maintained a relationship
- Learnt to love my self
- Learnt to slow down and enjoy life more
- Continued to work hard on freelance projects
Mission for 2016:
- Don’t buy new cars
- Pay back bills
- Go on holiday somewhere warm
- Complete my turbo Mazda no matter what it takes!
To be continued…: